We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our expanding BakPac department as a Technical Sales & Operations Coordinator.
To carry out specific technical sales & administrative related tasks detailed below.
To work within the sales team to provide technical expertise and guidance in all areas as required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To cover all the technical aspects of the BakPac production methods, materials and end use needs. Critical points of this include understanding end use product behaviour and shelf life, Print and lamination capabilities and heat seal structural performance.
- Ensure that clear and concise communication is kept at a high level with the Operations Team Leader and that detailed knowledge of all new projects & orders are understood across the business.
- Liaise with technical sales development & customers on new enquiries to build a technical brief for quotation and production.
- Work closely with the sales team creating estimates that enable the maximisation of profit whilst being competitive enough to win new business.
- Ensure new business is quoted for within a tight timeline where possible returning prices to customers within 4 hours from receipt of enquiry via the sales team. When this timescale is not possible, clear communication will be given to the sales team with an estimation of when pricing will be possible.
- Keep an ongoing review of commercial input data and margins, finding ways to increase the contribution to the business through system reports and communication with the operations team.
- Coordinate artwork layouts for all new BakPac jobs and liaise with production to ensure that instructions to the studio are clear and concise.
- Understanding materials and laminate construction.
- Translate customer requirement into clear instructions to the studio and all parts of the production process.
- To give technical input and advice on the scheduling of orders to maximise commercial benefits through the grouping of orders and materials on the plan.
- To continuously keep up to date on new processes and innovation within the industry.
- To take new processes and innovation and implement them within the sales, admin & planning departments at the earliest stage possible to benefit the overall process.
Any other duties relating to technical sales support as and when detailed by the General Manager.
Meticulous attention to detail and a conscientious approach to checking the accuracy of information. Enjoys working as part of a team and completing projects
- Previous experience in printing or packaging industry, ideally from the Flexible packaging industry
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Have excellent communication skills and a proactive and practical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
- Customer service skills or Account Management skills
- Work well within a team and can contribute towards key team goals
What is in it for you?
- Work based pension
- Profit related bonus after 6 months service
- 21 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Wellbeing at work programme
- Great social and team building events
If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, please send your CV to
Clare Coles, HR Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil Smith, General Manager, BakPac @ email@example.com
Read more about CAREERS at Bakers