Studio Apprentice (Print Technician 2 apprenticeship)
At Baker Labels, we are known for innovative label and flexible packaging print solutions that solve problems for a wide range of markets. We’re looking to recruit a Studio Apprentice to join us as they start their career in the print industry, offering them the opportunity to earn while they learn. The successful candidate will be computer literate to enable efficient use of the Studio’s artwork software programs. In this role the apprentice will learn all aspects of the pre-press file preparation within Bakers, as well as a background knowledge in the print processes used. These include, but are not limited to:
- Flexographic & Digital print techniques,
- Finishing processes, including embellishment techniques
- File manipulation / creation of print ready files
- QA techniques to ensure files are produced to the relevant press specification
- Colour management
- Colour proofing
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to take their first steps into a career within the UK printing industry. Full training will be given while working within a busy studio environment.
If you are an enthusiastic and committed individual with a desire to learn and progress your skills, you could be our ideal candidate.
- Print Operator (level 2) Pre-Press Operative
- 18-24 months
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5 or above) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or above) essential
To apply please complete the employee application form.
Closing Date 30th September 2021