Sportstiks are title sponsors of the Brentwood Half Marathon 2019
Baker Labels is the parent company to Sportstiks who produce customised, individual athlete identification. From the conventional basic race day numbers to the innovative fully branded, individually named or sponsored number kits. Sportstiks are suppliers to triathlons and Ironman events around the world and have supplied athlete tattoos at the Olympics in 2012 and 2016, Commonwealth Games and Special Olympics World Games. Both Sportstiks and Baker Labels are looking forward to being part of such an important local event that supports so many charities.
“We love Brentwood and are very excited about being a much bigger part of the Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run in 2019. It’s an important and valuable event, not only in the local community but also within UK athletics where it’s rated as one of the best organised road race events in the country. We’re proud to associate the Sportstiks brand with the event. We know how important it is to invest in community events and charities so our team of runners will also be supporting Kids Inspire in both the half marathon and fun run. It’s going to be a very special event for all involved.” Steve Baker, Managing Director, Baker Labels
Having printed the Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run race numbers for the last few years and being involved in the event through smaller sponsorship contributions, it was a natural step up for Bakers and Sportstiks to be more involved in 2018. Unfortunately, due to freezing wintery conditions the event was cancelled for the first time in its 37 year history last year so 2019 will officially be the first year of the Sportstiks Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run.
“Team Bakers” 50 strong team of runners across the two events will be easily recognisable on race day with bold stripy running vests and big smiles! We have a mixture of very competitive runners looking to win prizes and those taking on the 13.1mile challenge for the first time ever who will be aiming just to finish unbroken! Our fun runners include new runners as well as some of our employees’ children from as young as 8 years old who will be taking on the 5km challenge to help raise money for charity.
Sponsorship of the event in 2019 includes:
- Design and provision of medals for all finishers in both Half Marathon and Fun Run. A unique design inspired by the Rotary cog, the medals are different sizes with a larger version for the half marathon.
- Design and provision of commemorative t-shirts. All money raised from the sale of the t-shirts will go to charity.
- Trophies and awards – a total of 37 awards are presented following the event and great care has been taken to recognise winners and runners up with distinctive trophies and awards.
- Professional event video of race day highlights
- START and FINISH banners
As an extra bonus Sportstiks have added a little something extra to runners’ race day experiences.
- Added fun temporary tattoos to race packs for runners to wear during the run.
- Provided partner charities with bespoke coloured race bibs to match their charity logos so they stand out from the crowd.
- Organising and kitting out race day Pacers to cover 8 different finish times.
- All runners were given the option to add their name to their individual race bib to encourage crowd support on the route.
The team at Baker Labels and Sportstiks have worked closely with the event organisers throughout the planning stages and have helped with many various extras such as printing letters to warn local residents of road closures, assisting with social media and volunteering as marshals on the day.
“We’re very happy to be supported by such a successful Brentwood family business. The team at Bakers and Sportstiks really understand the event and the importance it has in the community. There’s also the advantage that they have a sporting event background with Sportstiks’ ties to so many international triathlon and ironman events.” Bob Davey, Race Director, Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run.
Bakers has a strong charitable ethos, supporting projects within Essex such as Kids Inspire, Georgia’s Teenage Cancer Appeal, SNAP and the Brentwood Foodbank.
Bakers’ Chief Happiness Officer Mandy Baker is a volunteer mentor for Kids Inspire and Bakers’ staff have previously run the event for Kids Inspire and many of them are involved again this year.