(Post Press Level 2 or Level 3 apprenticeship)
Baker Labels has a new Finishing Apprentice position available.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our busy production team at our facility in Brentwood, Essex. This is a great chance to gain experience in the print industry and progress your career whilst having the added benefit of being able to earn while you learn in a fun, dynamic and rewarding environment.
In this role the apprentice will learn all aspects of the post production processes within Bakers.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-press and post-press processes and equipment and how their role will impact upon others
- Properties and structures of materials, adhesives and various other chemicals
- Physical properties of the numerous paper/plastic stocks and their benefits and constraints
- How to safely and effectively convert the source materials (eg printed paper and gold foil) into the customer’s specific product) by using a combination of machinery and processes
- How to apply different finishes to different substrates eg scented varnish, holographic foiling, soft-touch laminate, near-field communication sticker and be able to set up, run and maintain a range of finishing equipment at the appropriate speed and at quality levels
- Deal with a range of finishing processes which may include varnishing, folding, embossing/debossing, foil blocking etc
- Operate finishing equipment optimally
- Work to tight deadlines, in a calm and professional manner
Full training will be given to the successful candidate. The role involves working within a factory environment.
A print apprencticeship offers an excellent opportunity to take your first steps into a career within the UK printing industry.
- Apprenticeship Level 2 (GCSE) or Apprenticeship Level 3 (A level)
Duration 18-24 or 36 months
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5 or above) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or above) essential
To apply please complete our Job Application form.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Clare Coles 01277 281900 Clare.Coles@Bakerlabels.co.uk