At Bakers, we owe our success to our people and their knowledge and skills. A Materials Technical Specialist is a key role to ensure we are sourcing the most efficient materials in the market.
We are looking for an experienced materials specialist to join our expanding Baker Materials team. They will work with global suppliers to ensure Bakers are sourcing and using the best material available from a technical and commercial stand point.
To keep Bakers as a company at the forefront of everything happening in raw material market they will also be looking at environmental challenges and finding the best solutions available.
- Previous work experience of 2+ years in a materials technical specialist, research and development or technical position within a manufacturing organisation is important
- Experience in printing, converting, and/or packaging/labelling technology market, as well as knowledge of label / packaging industry, printing technologies and/or labelling solutions is beneficial
- Positive attitude to training and development
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written, internally and externally
- High attention to detail
- Able to maintain a calm manner when dealing with challenging situations
- Showing all advantages of our new products, applications and technical developments internally and externally
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical & commercial material sales support for Materials, Labels and BakPac.
- Material sourcing for Flex Pack and Self Adhesive. Help source and introduce the material to the business technically and commercially.
- Stock management by monitoring buying patterns and stock rotation. Look at internal material ordering patterns and making this as efficient as possible in terms of usage through the processes.
- Working with key suppliers through a possible vendor rating system to look to improve service to Bakers.
- Working closely with Technical Manager to combine best materials with production processes.
- Implement new materials to Bakers by making sure all relevant parties in sales and technical are trained to a high standard.
- Liaise with customers as required to provide a high level of customer service relevant to materials.
Other duties relating to procurement, admin and customer service when detailed by the Production Manager.
To apply, please complete our job application form below. If you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com